Inventory System using C#
Project Outline of Inventory System using C#
Inventory systems are used in many businesses to keep track of the stock levels of different items. A good inventory system should be able to track the item’s stock levels, record when an item is added to or removed from stock, and keep track of the cost of each item.
In this article, we have created a C# inventory system. Using the System.Collections.Generic.List collection to track the item’s stock levels. Also used the System.Linq.Enumerable extension methods to retrieve the stock levels and the cost of each item.
It is a simply designed system that enables the user to easily arrange items as the stock master by entering the necessary information of the items including, item name, item category, item description, item price, and item quantity. Also, users can designate the purchase by recording customer ID, transaction ID, Name, and Address.
The settings panel allows us to add categories and item-unit. We can also add and manage users’ roles from the “about the user management system.
Features of the Inventory System
- It is a Login System that prevents unauthorized use.
- Allow Managing of the Stock master, Stock Out, Stock Return
- Generate report
- Settings Function
- User Management System
Installation Guide of the Inventory System
- First start Apache and MySQL in XAMPP, and follow the given instruction
- Connect Database (MySQL)
- Open a browser and go to the URL “http://localhost/phpmyadmin/”
- Then, click on the databases tab
- Create a database and name it “ db_inventory ” and then click on the Import tab
- Click on browse file and select “db_inventory.sql” file which is inside the “Database (MySQL)” folder
- Click on go.
After Creating Database,
- Open “InventorySystem1.0.sln” file.
Input the username and password which are provided inside the “Readme.txt” file.
- MySQL Connector/ODBC
- To generate reports, download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio here: Download
Recommended Tutorial: Complete Class Scheduling System Using Genetic Algorithms In C# For Free