- Download 2
- File Size 49.84 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date November 21, 2021
- Last Updated November 13, 2022
Complete Class Scheduling System using Genetic Algorithms in C# and MS SQL
Outline of Complete Class Scheduling System
Scheduling a class can prove to be a difficult task, in a less complex class schedule situation this can be resolved by using a heuristic search algorithm to find a workable solution. Coming up with a schedule for more complex requirements and inputs can be resolved by the use of genetic algorithms.
This post will take a look at how genetic algorithms can help us in achieving our aim for a more complex class schedule. In making a class schedule we must take into consideration some requirements that include, the number of students, the number of instructors, the proposed classrooms, the dimension of the classroom, needed equipment for the class if any, and many more), these necessities can be grouped by their level of priority, and excluding some requirements can make the schedule difficult to actualize.
Complete Class Scheduling System Requirement
- A class can only be scheduled in a classroom that is not in use at a given time.
- No Instructor or Student can be scheduled for more than one class at a particular period.
- The scheduled class must have sufficient seats to accommodate all students.
- The class must have the required necessary equipment, for example, computers, when necessary.
Less important requirements that cannot affect the class schedule can be ignored;
- The particular time of the scheduled class is preferred by the instructors.
- Preferred classroom by the instructors.
The above requirement can vary depending on the particular schedule for the class.